Saturday, November 19, 2005

USC Again

Just finished watching USC beat Fresno State. I was really rooting for Fresno State, having grown up down there, but, as one of my previous posts discussed, I have serious affection for USC football that kind of is embarrassing to me. I'm going to have to get over this, though, because USC fans bug me.

Fresno State gave USC a great game in LA. (Fresno State basically plays most of its big games on the road because colleges from major conferences essentially refuse to go on the road to play Fresno State. College football does not have the most equitable system.) USC won because Reggie Bush is freakin' unbelieveable. It is almost impossible to tackle the guy. He had something like 500 all-purpose yards. Plus Fresno State's quarterback made a couple of bad throws. Plus USC got a few calls. Still it was a really good game that wasn't decided until there was about a minute left.

So, what do the USC fans do? Do they respect the quality of the game? Uh, no. They start singing, "nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey, hey, goodbye" over and over. So classy. This is after reading the weekly column that a USC student writes for ESPN.com in which she described begging, begging her friend not to go to UCLA. Uh, maybe your friend doesn't have the bucks, honey.

Maybe the fact that I had USC pajamas when I was 10 doesn't necessarily mean that I have to like USC forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home