Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cable TV

Sitting here watching cable TV this weekend, I decided two things:

(1) I do not want a Countrywide combo loan. I do not care that it is a unique kind of loan that would allow me to combine my home loan, my car loan and my loans so I have only one low monthly payment. I just want the Countrywide Home Loans commercials to stop. Now. Mr. Countrywide Home Loans seems like a decent guy, but, you know, at this point -- after seeing him 27 times an hour during every hour of TV watching that I have undertaken in the last month -- it wouldn't bother me if he got hit by a bus.

(2) Prison time should be mandatory for anyone who exploits Sept. 11 to sell cheap shit on TV. About 30 minutes ago, I saw a commercial for a Franklin-Mint-knock-off (yes, a Franklin-Mint knock-off, because pewter Star Trek chess sets need to be knocked off) company that is selling a specially-minted gold coin in which the World Trade Center -- or, as the commercial says, "the Twin Towers" -- are inlaid in silver "minted from silver that was stored in the vaults of the Twin Towers themselves." But that's not all. The "Twin Towers portion of this special coin rises to form a beautiful table display." In other words, there's a hinge on the World Trade Center part of the coin so they stand up. Then the commercial ends by saying something like "once the silver from the Twin Towers' vault has been used, these special coins will never be minted again." They never should have been minted in the first place. Someone should get locked up for this B.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home